Fresh lovable veggies cooked and mixed up with whole wheat flour figure out a perfect soft veg paratha. If you are in search of a perfect veggie mix recipe, this is it. The mix veg parantha, from the North Indian cuisine, is a spicy super delicious recipe and a real appetite killer.
This is a very flexible rich ingredient recipe that you can make any kind of adjustments on the ingredients upon your choice. Other than just twinning the ingredients, you can try this recipe by including any of your favorite veggies. This is the same for the spicy level too. You can make it more or less spicy by adjusting the ratio of the spicy ingredients.
I know you all focus on healthy rich foods for a healthy you. Planning for a cool weekend with a superb dish to make your family a bit more healthy, Okay, try out this special recipe to fill your tummy with something good.
This is somewhat the same way of making chapathi. But blending well with the steamed veggies and rich spices give wings to this recipe for flying high. Just think of having a plate of hot veg paratha coupled with some side and a hot cut tea. Oh, Great!
Now, for the sides, I prefer going with curd, butter chicken, any masala curry, egg roast, or even you can try with pickle. Positively, this veg parantha does not demand any of the sides, that it can be eaten by skipping the sides. That’s all your choice.
Never try to force yourself to do anything. For flying the flag of victory, you need to love what you do. For cooking, this theory really works. If you love cooking and you are not concerned about the time it grabs, you’re gonna win over the recipe you try. Its that simple.
Am not making you wait anymore. Come, let’s jump on to the main cooking section.
Mix Veg Paratha Recipe
Mix Veg Paratha - Ingredients
- 1/2 cup potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup Carrot
- 1/4 cup Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Green peas
- 1/4 cup Methi or palak (chopped)
- Coriander leaves - a handful (optional) (Note: you can even add more or substitute veggies)
- 1 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain / vaamu / carom seeds
- 2 tbsp Ghee or oil (for frying) (Note:You can add adjust according to your spice level)
Mix Veg Paratha - Instructions
- Clean the veggies and steam all together until its cooked. Let it sit for a couple of minutes to cool down.
- Once done, using a masher, mash the veggies well until smooth.
- Except the whole wheat flour, add the rest of the ingredients and give a deep mix.
- Add the flour and mix well. If found too dry, sprinkle little water or the remaining vegetable stock and mix.
- Knead well and make a well mixed soft non-sticky dough. Divide the whole dough into 5 or 6 equal balls of equal size.
- Dust the rolling board with flour. Cover up the balls in flour one by one. Place the flour-covered balls on the center of your palm and press gently to flatten. Once done, evenly spread using rolling board one by one and keep aside.
- Heat a Tawa by spreading ghee in low flame. Once the Tawa gets hot, gently transfer the paratha and cook both sides till you find brown to golden spots. In between spread the ghee on both sides of the parantha.
Follow the same step to make the rest of the parathas.
- Once fried, to maintain the softness of the paratha, stack over the mix veggie paratha in a container.
- Your hot spicy mix veg paratha is now ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any of the sides you love.
This is one of the ‘must-try’ recipes from the magical Indian cuisine. Never miss this recipe, that am sure it’s gonna hit your dining.
Have safe cooking. Good Luck!