Maggi is a very popular foodie mate. It’s instant yet tasty tummy filler. Other than just opening the packet and following the cooking instructions as it is, we can try it in a new way by adding a handful of healthy veggies. This variety of preparation makes ordinary Maggi more delicious and colorful.
I used to make Maggi when am a little bit lazy, and when I need something to eat which makes my tummy full which demands less time to prepare. Other than having the same masala taste each time, I feel bored and thought of making something variety which tastes really great. Then I thought of making it in a healthy way by adding sorted veggies that never give up in delivery a savory snack.
There are no particular age groups for tasting this instant snack. It goes well for the kids to older ones. Maggi can be served or eaten at any time. Whether its a morning, lunch, or dinner, time this is a perfect recipe that makes your dining with something heavy.
Don’t think that, making it in a variety of new ways consumes more time. Just getting the veggies cleaned and chopped, it’s all set to prepare. This suits well even in your busy working hours. Veggies like carrot, green peas, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, etc can easily be grabbed from your kitchen itself. So, no need to invest more in your time and money for making this special Maggi masala noodles.
For making this special healthy Maggi, I use a pan that is a bit bigger in size so that we can stir the veggies along with the Maggi very easily. You can even make this in a pressure cooker. I’ll share the steps to follow for both later in this article.
If you are a busy mom who never compromises in filling your kids’ snacks box with healthy snacks, then this is a perfect one which for sure gives your kids a tasty healthy foodie time.
Spicy Maggi Masala Noodles
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
- Tomato - 1 medium (chopped)
- Carrot - 1/2 medium (chopped)
- Bell pepper / Capsicum - 1/2 medium (chopped)
- Green Pees - a few
- Note: altogether take veggies (carrot, bell pepper,and green peas) - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Water - 2 cups
- 1/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 Maggi tastemaker
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Chat masala - a pinch
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp (to garnish)
Maggi Masala Noodles - Steps to follow
- Heat a large enough pan with oil. Once the oil starts to separate add the ginger-garlic paste along with the chopped onion. Saute it well till the onions are completely soft.
- To this, add chopped tomato along with the mixed veggies (carrot, bell pepper, and green peas) and salt to taste. Give a deep mix and stir till the veggies are well cooked.
- Once done, add water, Maggi taste makers, chilli powder, and garam masala powder. Mix well and bring it to boil.
- Add Maggi noodles to this watery gravy. Using a spoon or stapula brak the Maggi cubes and make it blend in the masala gravy.
- Close with a tight lid and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. (Stir in between)
- Add chat masala and mix well. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Your spicy Maggi masala noodles are now ready to serve.
- Serve it hot in a plate with tomato ketchup. Yummy!
For making the masala Maggi in an instant pot pressure cooker, do follow the below steps.
- Set the instant pot to saute. Heat up using oil or butter. Once the oil starts to separate, add the ginger-garlic paste along with chopped onions. Saute till the onions attain a softy texture.
- Add tomatoes along with the veggies and salt to taste.Saute it for a few minutes.
- Once done, add water, Maggi masala powder, Maggi noodles, red chilli powder, and garam masala powder. Give a deep mix and deglaze the pot.
- Close it with the lid. Set the pressure cooker to high and timer for 2 minutes.
- Once done, remove the lid quickly. Sprinkle it with chat masala and mix well.
- Garnish using chopped coriander leaves.
- Your healthy Maggi masala is now ready to serve hot!
It’s a must-try instant snack. In case if you like to add more veggies of your choice. I prefer adding broccoli, and sweet corn which delivers a variety of tasty Maggi. If you are a spicy lover, you can even add spices according to your preference. To make it a little bit cheesy, try adding some cheese as a topping. Am sure you’re gonna fall in love with it.