Farmers’ Market Salad with Apricot-Cumin Dressing
This Recipe for Farmers’ Market Salad with Apricot-Cumin Dressing is rich with healthy vegetables , using raw carrots.Its a nice summer Recipe
For the salad:
- 220 g /5 medium sized carrots, grated
- 140 g /1 large kohlrabi, thinly sliced
- 120 g /1 large turnip, thinly sliced
- 200 g /1 large orange, sliced into half-moons
- 15 g / half a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 15 g / half a bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- 60 g /1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped, toasted and lightly salted
For the apricot-cumin dressing:
- 65 g /6 dried un sulphured apricots, roughly chopped
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 ¼ teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground in a mortar and pestle
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl.
Put the apricots in a small bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over them, cover the bowl, and let stand for at least 10 minutes, or until the apricots are very soft.
In a blender, combine the drained apricots with all the other ingredients for the dressing. Blend until you get a very smooth mixture.
Pour the dressing over the salad (you might not need all of it, use just enough to coat the vegetables), mix with a wooden spoon or with your hands and serve immediately.